"IT'S SO FLUFFY!"

God always provides – but sometimes He spoils His children as well. Like crazy.

I’m one of those people who really struggles with the cold; often in winter I’ll be swaddled in four layers and still shivering. Last week the Lord sent me a wonderful present: a soft white onesie. To quote Agnes, “IT’S SO FLUFFY I’M GONNA DIE!”

It’s got some brown spots; and a “tail”; and a hood with a beautifully detailed puppy face. I looked so realistic in all my fluffy white-and-brown glory that my canine-crazy sister almost squeezed me to death (like she hugs our real dog).

I didn’t need it. But I like to think God wanted to spoil me. He knew how much I’ll appreciate this, come winter, so He provided for me.

Sometimes I’m almost embarrassed at all the blessings He chooses to shower me with.

If we really try, we can survive without cappuccinos and Lindt chocolate. And Tolkien and Pratchett novels. And peasant blouses. And The A-team. And chai tea. And Longfellow’s poems. And sunflowers. And Hans Zimmer music. And, of course, fluffy doggy onesies.

But these things, while not crucial to our survival, feed a part of our souls. They make life more beautiful. They add music to the mundane and turn the daily grind into a song.

God knows this, and I think that’s why He likes to spoil us sometimes. As John 1:16 says, “From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.”

Aye – my cup overflows with blessings, and I have no choice but to drink out of the full saucer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The courage to be nobody

Chatting with God - "Sometimes, Lord . . ."

Chatting with God - "Give them to Me"